Thursday, May 13, 2010

SIGGRAPH 2010 - It's no NAB!

SIGGRAPH is an annual conference held in Los Angeles for computer graphics and things related to computers and that industry. SIGGRAPH stands for Special Interest Group on GRAPHics and Interactive Techniques. It's something I've heard about for years, investigated things via the net during or after it happens and only dreamed of going to. Is it nerdy? Yes. Is it my cup of tea, mooooost definitely.

So, about 3 months ago I applied to be a student volunteer (through Animation Mentor) for SIGGRAPH 2010. I found out on Monday that I was accepted and I will be out there from July 24th to the 29th. Basically it involves me working for 30 hours over the course of 5 days with people who work in the animation, effects and motion graphics business. My payment is friendship, connections and a free pass to the exhibit and everything that's being displayed for when I'm not "working". It sounds absolutely awful.... but I guess I'll go. Hehehe.

I don't have a lot of info yet, like my schedule, free time, what I'm doing or whatever, but I do know I'm going! I'll keep this blog up to date about my trip and when I'm out there. No, really, I will. I swear, better than my assignment updates... maybe. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment